Backyard BBQ 2016
Cider Three Ways with Skillet and Seattle Cider Company
Skillet’s annual Backyard Barbecue is featuring Seattle Cider Company this year! Skillet Chefs are taking to the grill with a cider infused menu. Two big grills will be on the patio with fruit, veggies and steaks for the three course menu. Cider will be on tap and in our special cocktail menu!
9/16 in Ballard & 9/30 on Cap Hill
– Grilled watermelon salad – chili oil, feta cheese, pickled watermelon rind, roasted spring onions, corn, baby mizuna greens
– Boneless short ribs glazed with Seattle Cider Co. Three Pepper Hard Cider and Ancho pepper sauce, creamy summer succotash
– Grilled strawberry short cake in a jar – honey cream
9/23 in Ballard & 10/7 on Cap Hill
– Grilled pineapple salad – guajillo, roasted corn, pistachios, baby mizuna greens, Seattle Cider Co. Citrus Hard Cider vinaigrette
– Bone-in NY strip – grilled asparagus, chanterelle butter, roasted foraged mushrooms, demi glaze
– Grilled peaches – whipped black pepper mascarpone, Seattle Cider Co. Semi Sweet Hard Cider reduction, candied basil
Optional pairing flight will feature Seattle Cider’s Dry, Berry and Washington Heirloom in a 6oz pour for $14.
Dinner begins at 5 p.m. each Friday night and runs until closing or the meat runs out. Reservations are recommended, but not required. Space is limited. To make a reservation click below.
Please let us know your coming for the Backyard BBQ in the special requests section.
Cider Cocktails available all September:
Big Bertha – Seattle Cider Berry, rum, Campari, maraschino liqueur, lime, simple $9
Cobbler – Seattle Cider Berry, brown sugar brandy, brown sugar rim $9
Giada – Seattle Cider Dry, vodka, grapefruit, vanilla simple, cardamom bitters $9
Apple Pie – Seattle Cider Dry, house-infused cinnamon rye whiskey, Sailor Jerry spiced rum, Lazzaroni amaretto, simple $10